Sunday, December 4, 2011

My current balance is a negative but available is a positive?

OK I deposited $40 on a saturday. I bought a 39$ item on Sunday, and on monday, my current balance is a negative 39, but my available is a positive 1 dollar. I'm getting confused, can someone explain this to me?|||Some





Your deposit will post tonight, and all will be right with the world. ATMs are NOT realtime banking. Deposits are not necessarily posted and credited to the account at the time you do it. It is done at the time the empty the machine and process the deposit .... ie the next working day.





Just because you make a $19,000 deposit at the ATM, does not mean they will give you access to the money! I think they would like to see what you deposited first! And a deposit done on the weekend won't be seen by anyone until Monday.





Soccerref|||Deposits need time to clear.

Even if you deposited cash, it will not be processed immediately.

Banks update transactions once a day (at midnight).

This means that your deposit may not go through until Monday, since banks don't process on Sundays.



I never go by available.

I go by current or collected balance.

This could mean that you overdrafted in your checking.

You might be getting a $25 to $35 fee for doing this.



Go to your bank and opt-out of overdraft protection.

That way if you use your card again, and the funds are not in your account, your transaction will simply be turned down, and you won't get those nasty overdraft fees..

No comments:

Post a Comment