Thursday, December 8, 2011

Could you explain difference between available and current balance?

My checking account says Balance: 103.00, Available: 54.00


My savings says balance: 220, available: 200.


What does that mean? Do I only have what's available? Why would my bank mislead me into thinking I have more than what's available. I did go a little crazy 'cause I got my first debit card so what does this mean? (My checking is tied to my debit) So do I only have 54 bucks on the card?


Thanks!|||You have $54 in the checking account.


Your balance is $54.


Your available balance is $54.





You deposit a $49 check.


Your new balance is $103.


Your available balance (the amount the bank will let you withdraw)


is still $54 because that check hasn't cleared yet.





When the check clears (when your bank actually receives the


money for the check) your available balance will be $103.

















.|||Basically it means that there are charges that have not posted, but the bank is letting you know what you have available based on the difference of what you have against what has not posted.



I would get a check book ledger to keep track of your finances.



You only have $54 available at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment