Thursday, December 15, 2011

Can I make a purchase on my current credit card before transferring balance?

I was recently approved for a credit card with 0% interest on purchases for six months and 0% interest for balance transfer for 12 months.


I'm not sure if this is legal or "gaming the system" so I thought I would ask. Can I purchase an item on my current credit card, just before doing the balance transfer?


Obviously I would rather pay 0% for 12 months, but I am unsure if the credit card company will approve?





Thanks|||Sure. Be aware that there is usually a transfer fee. If it was something you were going to pay cash for, you'll now be paying a convenience fee of 3-5% of the amount. You would be better to wait until you get the card and purchase it using the 6 month 0% on purchases.|||I don't see why not. A balance transfer is a balance transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment